PETALING JAYA, Malaysia - Several Barisan Nasional lawmakers will lodge reports against a blog Suara Hati which named them among 20 ‘usual conspirators’ out to topple the Government.
Barisan Nasional Backbenchers’ Club chairman Tan Sri Shahrir Samad (pic) said several of the MPs, who were named and identified in photographs, have lodged police reports against the blog.
“We want investigations to be carried out into the false news as photographs of the MPs were also included in the posting,” he told The Star o Monday.
He said that several affected MPs would be holding a press conference in Parliament on Tuesday.
“A few lawmakers that were named have lodge reports,” said the Johor Bahru MP.
- Deputy Home Minister Datuk Nur Jazlan Mohamed, who is also Pulai MP denied the allegations, saying it may be a ploy to cause in-fighting among Umno.
- “The motive may be to see us to detract and fight amongst ourselves instead of fighting the Opposition,” he said.
- Former Public Account Committee chairman Nur Jazlan acknowledged that the current political climate is contributing to the spread for false news.
- “Until the issues surrounding the Prime Minister are resolved quickly, such allegations will make their rounds,” he said.
- He added he would usually ignore such blog postings, particularly those which are anonymous.
In an immediate response, Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Dr Salleh Said Keruak(photo) said he has directed the Multimedia and Communications Commission (MCMC) to investigate the blog.
“Such speculations have a specific motive and aimed at destroying the good name of the affected MPS.
“It is very irresponsible,” he said when contacted.
Source: The Star