SOLYMONE BLOG

MALAYSIA TO REVIEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR MOUNT KINABALU CLIMBERS


New safety protocols may be put in place for future climbers of Mount Kinabalu, a Malaysian Minister of Youth and Sports Khairy Jamaluddin has said, even as Singaporeans continued to mourn the lives lost in the Sabah earthquake last week.
Malaysia will study the impact of seismic movements in the area before setting new rules which may include an age limit for climbers, said  Khairy.
Meteorologists and geologists will have to assess the impact of seismic movements in Sabah as part of efforts to relook safety aspects, the minister added.

The earthquake killed 19 climbers on Mount Kinabalu, among them six 12-year-olds from TKPS, causing some to question if young climbers should be making the ascent.

Source: Agency
0 comments:

VISITORS DETAIL LOCATION

VISITORS GEOFLAGS SINCE AUGUST 26, 2009

SABAH, MALAYSIAN BORNEO - THE LAND BELOW THE WIND

CITY OF KOTA KINABALU, SABAH-MALAYSIAN BORNEO

Translate

DREAM ON

TIME IN MALAYSIA

TOTAL PAGES VIEW SINCE 30 DAYS AGO

TRANSLATE TO YOUR LANGUAGE

Solymone

My photo
Tenghilan, TUARAN, Sabah, Malaysia

MY FACEBOOK

VISITORS LOCATION GLOBE

VISITORS NATIONAL FLAG

VISITORS GEOFLAGS BY CITY

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH
Clicks To Read

IINTERNATIONAL BLOGSPOT

BLOG ARCHIVE

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

...................................................................

...................................................................
MALAYSIAN
Blog Widget by LinkWithin