SOLYMONE BLOG

IRANIAN ACTRESS BRANDAD IMMORAL FOR POSTING PICTURES WITHOUT HIJAB?

Labels:

TEHERAN, Iran – Sadaf Taherian, an Iranian actress, has caused controversy in her home country by posting pictures of herself on social media not wearing a hijab.
The Iranian government reportedly called her “immoral” and banned her from acting, according to The Telegraph.
Taherian published the photographs on Instagram in protest at strict Iranian laws that require women to cover their head in public.
  • “I was nervous and worried about how people would react to my photos,” she said in an interview with Voice of America’s Persian language channel.
  • “Remembering my past gave me the confidence to post these photos. I recall visiting many film companies to sign a contract, but I would hear many inappropriate comments about my physical appearance.”
The posts triggered outrage on social media in Iran, with pictures circulating of a hijab having been photoshopped onto her head.
“I did not expect this from the people of Iran, from my own culture — to hear so many insults,” she said.
“I can only feel sorry for their reaction and I have nothing else to say. 
I want to live in a place and live the way that makes me happy.”
Iran’s Ministry of culture reportedly vowed to revoke Taherian’s work licence in an angry television broadcast.
  • Taherian, who now hopes to rebuild her career in Dubai also claimed she was regularly a victim of sexual harassment in the Iranian film industry.

Source: – The Telegraph
0 comments:

VISITORS DETAIL LOCATION


VISITORS GEOFLAGS SINCE AUGUST 26, 2009

SABAH, MALAYSIAN BORNEO - THE LAND BELOW THE WIND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwqqEiV0is

National Portal News Onine

Translate

TOTAL PAGES VIEW SINCE 30 DAYS AGO

TRANSLATE TO YOUR LANGUAGE

Solymone

My photo
Tenghilan, TUARAN, Sabah, Malaysia

MY FACEBOOK

VISITORS LOCATION GLOBE

VISITORS NATIONAL FLAG

VISITORS GEOFLAGS BY CITY

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH
Clicks To Read

IINTERNATIONAL BLOGSPOT

BLOG ARCHIVE

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

...................................................................

...................................................................
MALAYSIAN
Blog Widget by LinkWithin