SOLYMONE BLOG

ANWAR APPLIES TO STRIKE OUT HIS SODOMY CHARGE


Malaysian Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has applied to the High Court here to strike out his sodomy charge.
The PKR adviser is also seeking for a court order to stay his sodomy trial which was set to begin on July 1.
  • Anwar’s lawyer Sankara N. Nair said the application was made on the basis that the entire charge was “a travesty, a complete farce and has absolutely no basis.”
  • “There is no case against my client. We maintain that this whole exercise of charging our client is a political conspiracy,” he told reporters at the Jalan Duta court complex here on Wednesday.
  • Sankara filed a notice of motion and a supporting affidavit affirmed by Anwar at 4:30pm at the High Court criminal registry Wednesday.
  • On March 10, Anwar had pleaded not guilty to sodomising his former personal aide Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan, 24, at a condominium in Bukit Damansara here on June 26, last year.
  • So far, Sankara said he had only received several documents from a senior investigating officer at 4pm on Tuesday for the preparation of his client’s defence.
  • The documents, he said, were CCTV recordings, a chart on DNA testing of Saiful, a chemist report, a medical examination report and Anwar’s witness statement.
  • Sankara said there were other outstanding reports which were not supplied to them until Wednesday.
  • These included the statements by prosecution witnesses, all medical notes by Kuala Lumpur Hospital doctors who had examined Saiful, photographs related to Saiful’s physical examination and video recordings of Saiful when he gave his statement to the police.
  • Anwar, who named the Public Prosecutor as respondent, is seeking to get a court order to immediately quash his sodomy charge.
  • Anwar contended that the sodomy charge against him was a political conspiracy and was in bad faith.
  • He claimed that the prosecution still intended to continue to prosecute him although there was substantial evidence from experts which reject the sodomy incident.
Source: The Star Online
2 comments:

Salam Ziarah lagi.
Langkah ini sebagai usaha menangguh-tanggukan perbicaraan. kenapa takut?. Berani kerana benar takut kerana salah.


Thanks Liza,
Sesiapa pun pasti akan goyah dan risau kira nya keputusan tidak berpehak kepada mereka.

Apa yang saya nampak di sini, bukan lah soal takut kerana salah, tetapi satu strategi.

Kan menurut peguam Anwar, banyak lagi 'evidence' yang belum di kemukakan untuk tujuan bukti dalam perbicaraan nanti.

Luar dari itu, saya pun tidak berani komen. banyak hal yang di luar jangka yang kita tidak pasti.
Orang kata " sometimes silent is golden".
lagi pun dalam hal-hal yang berkaitan dengan makhamah ini, 1001 hal yang tidak di duga boleh berlaku.

However, kita sama-sama lah tunggu dan lihat keputusan nya nanti.

As it is, no one is guilty until proven otherwise.
Having written that, I raise my case.


VISITORS DETAIL LOCATION

VISITORS GEOFLAGS SINCE AUGUST 26, 2009

SABAH, MALAYSIAN BORNEO - THE LAND BELOW THE WIND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwqqEiV0is

National Portal News Onine

Translate

TOTAL PAGES VIEW SINCE 30 DAYS AGO

TRANSLATE TO YOUR LANGUAGE

Solymone

My photo
Tenghilan, TUARAN, Sabah, Malaysia

MY FACEBOOK

VISITORS LOCATION GLOBE

VISITORS NATIONAL FLAG

VISITORS GEOFLAGS BY CITY

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH

WHY I KEEP RE-VISITING SABAH
Clicks To Read

IINTERNATIONAL BLOGSPOT

BLOG ARCHIVE

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

MALAYSIAN BORNEO BLOGGERS

...................................................................

...................................................................
MALAYSIAN
Blog Widget by LinkWithin